Thursday, December 6, 2012

FINAL PROJECT: Target Marketing Strategy



My target marketing strategy for age group is 21-28 years of age. The reasons behind those ages are due to the fact that those ages are the majority group that goes to clubs and college. My product Smooth RainDrop Vodka is affordable for my customers. "Today’s marketing is all about creating customer value and building profitable customer relationships. It starts with understanding consumer needs and wants, deciding which target markets the organization can serve best"Kotler (2011). Marketing: An Introduction, 10th Ed. Prentice Hall Publishing CHPT Preface Page xxii I want all my customers to be able to enjoy my product without the thought of my product breaking the bank. When people go to the store to purchase my vodka I want my product to be one of their options. "Outlines the broad marketing logic by which the business unit hopes to create customer value and relationships and the specifics of target markets, positioning, and marketing expenditure levels.""Armstrong & Kotler (2011). Marketing: An Introduction, 10th Ed. Prentice Hall Publishing Table 2.2 Contents of a Marketing Plan Page 55." I can relate to people who just want to go to the store and get a liquor that is quick to grab, not too much to purchase and can blend well with any other drink. Most consumers in that age group drink mixed alcoholic beverages, were as the older consumers focus on scotch and bourbon.  My targeted group for marketing to will have a variety of people trying it or sampling it and sometimes even telling the people they know about my product in positive terms. "In positioning its product, the company first identifies possible customer value differences that provide competitive advantages upon which to build the position. The company can offer greater customer value either by charging lower prices than competitors, or by offering more benefits to justify higher prices." "Armstrong & Kotler (2011). Marketing: An Introduction, 10th Ed. Prentice Hall Publishing  Page 52."

No comments:

Post a Comment